Tuesday, January 11, 2011

well. i tried. i really, really tried.

Here we are, on 1/11/11, and already I have missed 3 days of taking a picture.

Also, I was having issues:

  1. Blogger won't take huge photos in TIFF format.
  2. I got Lightroom for Christmas, and I still don't know how the heck to use it.  So, I end up with only TIFF files.
  3. I tried using Flickr to just upload my pictures directly, which worked great, except the quality was horrible and I ended up with grainy, almost blurry pictures.
So.  My solution:
  1. NO GUILT!  Forget to take a picture because I am too busy?  So what!
  2. Decide PICTURE A WEEK is way better.
  3. Lightroom is getting a little easier....I typically figure out one new thing each time I open it.  I figure by the time I am 50, I might know what I am doing.
Rather than feel bad, I have given myself a do-over.  A mulligan if you will.  And I am starting again.

Welcome to my picture a week for 2011 blog!

First week's picture is below.

Enjoy.

0 comments:

About This Blog

I am Jodi, a picture taking Mama to two girls.

I love my family, my camera, my dog (most of the time), my cat and my life.

This year, my photo blog is about me taking at least one picture a week and showing it to you here.

My Subjects

1. My kids. They get tired of it, much like I did when I was young, but, oh well. They'll appreciate it later in life.


2. My yard. I like to take pictures of flowers. They hold still and look pretty most of the time.


3. Nature. I try to keep an eye out for interesting looking things to photograph. I find a lot of things, but most of the time, I seem to have left my camera at home.